hc-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Galambos <l...@centrum.cz>
Subject Re: strange behavior of 2.0-rc1
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:04:37 GMT
Michael Becke wrote:

> Also, in you example Network.java class I noticed the following lines:
>
>             while (r.status == -1 && attempt++ < RETRIES) {
>                 try {
>                     r.status = client.executeMethod(method);
>                     r.msg = null;
>                 } catch (Throwable x) {
>                     method.recycle();
>                     r.msg = url + ": " + x.getMessage();
>                     if (logger.isLoggable(Level.FINE)) {
>                         logger.log(Level.FINE, attempt + " of " + url,
> x);
>                     }
>                 }
>             }

Hi Mike,
what do you suggest? Your tutorial does not cover this - a) you use
System.exit(-1) which would not be a good solution in my case ;-); or b)
you do nothing, which does not work, because "executeMethod" would throw
some exception again (I tried it with a previous HC version). Should I
use "releaseConnection"? Will it work correctly?

BTW: I will try "httpConnectionFactoryTimeout" as soon as we are sure,
that "recycle" is not the problematic point which causes the issue.

Thank you

Leo