hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: AW: Proxied SSL connection
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:29:49 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Mike,
> I am afraid things are a bit more complicated than that. HttpClient
> always uses a plain socket to establish connection with a proxy. As far
> as I understand so do IE & Mozilla. I think what Ulrich is trying to do
> is to connect to the proxy using SSL, which is quite unconventional I
> have to say. clearly, HttpClient can't do that
>
> Oleg

I guess that's the question.  I certainly agree that we do not support
CONNECT over SSL but I am unsure if that's what Ulrich is trying to do.
    The latest version of the draft specifying CONNECT (that I could
find) indicates that the CONNECT is to be done over plain old HTTP
<http://www.web-cache.com/Writings/Internet-Drafts/draft-luotonen-web-proxy-tunneling-01.txt>.

Mike