hc-dev mailing list archives

From nicholas.bren...@hsbcgroup.com
Subject Memo: Re: content-transfer-encoding issue
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:32:52 GMT
Mark,

I ran into this problem against a web server running a previous version of
PHP.

In the end, I just built myself a modified version of HttpClient that
commented out the lines that produce the "Content-Type" and
"Content-Transfer-Encoding" headers. You will need to check out the various
subclasses of part (in httpclient/methods/multipart/) and in particular the
send() and length() methods. You can simply comment out the calls to
sendTransferEncodingHeader and sendContentTypeHeader.

In your case you may only need to deal with the "Content-Tranfer-Encoding"
header.

Cheers,
Nick

"Wilcox, Mark" <Mark.Wilcox@webct.com> on 11 Jul 2003 17:15

Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"
       <commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

To:    "Commons HttpClient Project"
       <commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
       "Commons HttpClient Project"
       <commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:
bcc:

Subject:    content-transfer-encoding issue

I'm sending a multi-part form and that's ok, but the remote server is
choking on
26722

Specifically it's trying to process Content-Tranfer-Encoding:
8bit\r\n\r\n26722 as the value of the parameter - "FILENAME" . I realize
this is probably a bug on the server side, but I can't get that fixed at
the moment.

Is there a way to not send the content-tranfser-encoding value?

Mark

This message originated from the Internet. Its originator
may, or may not be who they claim to be, and the information
contained herein may, or may not be accurate.

The HSBC Group's website is at http://www.hsbc.com

HSBC Bank Plc, which is regulated in the UK by FSA, has issued the
information contained in this message (including any attached
documents) for its institutional and professional customers only.
It is not intended for private customers. This message and any
attachments are not an invitation to buy or sell securities or related
financial instruments, are confidential to the named recipient and may
also be privileged. The information should not be reproduced and / or
distributed to any other person. Internet communications are not secure
and HSBC Bank Plc makes no representation and accepts no
responsibility or liability as to the completeness and accuracy of the
information contained in this message. Each page attached hereto
must be read in conjunction with any disclosure which forms part of it.