hc-dev mailing list archives

From patrick.baey...@accenture.com
Subject RE: Handling HTTP 1.1 status 100 responses
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:03:27 GMT

Hi Oleg,

the HTTP 1.1. standard allows a HTTP/1.1 100 response to be sent back to
the client if:
he accepts version 1.1,
he explicitly asked for a continue (the tipical status 100 handshake) OR
just to signal the client he is processing the request and it may take a
little longer (without any explicit continue header). I find myself in this
second case and I cannot blame the server since he is compliant with the
standard. Is there any other way I can skip this first response without
having to re-execute the postMethod?

thanks a lot,

Patrick

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.