hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Claudio Santana" <csant...@mortgagehub.com>
Subject HTTPClient exception
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:14:43 GMT
Hi all,

     I finally made the most basic SSL code run in my computer. Now I am
trying to send Post requests with the HttpClient class. I get the
following exception when I do the Execute method:

java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketGetOption(Native Method)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.getOption(PlainSocketImpl.java:198)
	at java.net.Socket.getSendBufferSize(Socket.java:526)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:70
3)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:6
25)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:5
00)
	at com.SSLPayment.sendPayment(SSLPayment.java:104)
	at com.SSLPayment.main(SSLPayment.java:143)

My code is pretty straight forward, I create my PostMethod and add all
the parameters I need to send (just 20 pairs of values) and after that
execute this code:

System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.ibm.net.ssl.interna
l.www.protocol");
		java.security.Security.addProvider(new
com.ibm.jsse.JSSEProvider());

		status = hc.executeMethod( pm );

Does any body have an Idea why I am getting this error and can give me a
hand to solve it.

Thanks,

Claudio.