hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Claudio Santana" <csant...@mortgagehub.com>
Subject RE: WSAD & HTTPClient question
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:57:00 GMT

	Thanks to all that answered my help request, I am trying to run
with IBM's WSAD 4.0.3, It comes with JDK 1.3. I am not trying to use
specifically any special implementation of JCE or JSSE, it can be IBM's
or SUN's. As you explain in your email it comes with IBM's
implementation of JCE and JSSE. I already added that System Property
java.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.ibm.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol in the
environment in my WebSphere Test Environment but it makes no difference.
Any other idea?

Claudio.

-----Original Message-----
From: secoskem@aciworldwide.com [mailto:secoskem@aciworldwide.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 7:49 AM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: WSAD & HTTPClient question

Laura is right, WSAD comes with the IBMJCE and IBMJSSE, which is only a
problem if you absolutely require Sun's JSSE, or are using a signed
third
party JCE provider.  If you do not require either of these, then all you

need to do is make sure the java.protocol.handler.pkgs system property
is
pointing at: com.ibm.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.  And if you have
been
specifying a specific provider, stop doing that.

If you do require Sun, then things get a little tricky.  You will need
remove the following jars from your server's vm... another point - WSAD
uses at least two vm's... the one that matters when debugging/running is

the server vm... if I remember correctly it is under plugins.server.jdk
(something like that).

Ok, the jars:
ibmjcefw.jar
ibmjceprovider.jar
ibmjsse.jar

The above jars need to be replaced with the Sun JCE and JSSE jars (all
of
the jars from both packages).

Then, you need to modify the java.security file, removing all of the IBM

JCE/JSSE related provider lines, and replacing them with the Sun
JCE/JSSE
provider lines provided in the installation documents of both of the JCE

and JSSE packages.

Hope this helps.

- Matt

Laura Werner <laura@lwerner.org>
07/01/2003 05:57 PM
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"