hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: HTTPRecoverable
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 02:53:44 GMT
Hello George,

Ideally an HTTPRecoverableException indicates that the method causing
the error is safe to retry.  In general though HttpClient tries to
handle recoverable exceptions internally.  If this exception is making
it to your code I would treat it as any other error.

In practice the meaning of the various exceptions thrown by HttpClient
(including HTTPRecoverableException) have become a little muddied.
This is something that will be worked on for 2.1.

Mike