hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Performance Issue
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:55:49 GMT
Eric,
All credits should go to Todd. He's done pretty much all the hard work.

> Maybe it is just me, but I can live with a 1ms penalty that dramatically
> increases the reliability of the re-used connections.  Based on your
> research, I think we should keep the isStale() check.  What do others think?

I agree. I think this performance penalty is well justified. I would still like to have an
option of disabling the check (especially for the single-threaded connection manager), though,
as the 'stale' connection check also has some nasty side-effects on SSL connections when running
on older JDKs.

> You might consider committing your performance test as something under
> the "contrib" package so that we could look at running it with each
> release, and thus keep track of the library's performance over time.

Todd, would you mind contributing your code to the project?

Oleg