hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: FW: Commons-HttpClient conflict with WebDAVClient
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:26:58 GMT
Eric,

Of course, the patch can be rolled back. Alternatively we can leave getResponseContentLength()
method as is, and introduce an additional method that serve similar function but returns long,
not int.

But the whole point is that I really can't understand why Slide folks cannot just use stable
2.0 branch. At the end of the day back in February we decided to release 2.0 with the sub-optimal
API primarily in order to keep Slide folks happy (even though we were still formally in alpha
phase). And now what? Is history about to repeat itself?

Is there any particular reason for Slide to use CVS HEAD?

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Johnson [mailto:eric@tibco.com]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 14:16
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: FW: Commons-HttpClient conflict with WebDAVClient

Oleg,

Actually, I'm expecting that the redirect fix will probably not change
the way that webdavclient.jar works with HttpClient.  I think the
redirect fix will only be a problem for some uses of the HttpClient library.

I would appreciate the change of the getResponseContentLength() back to
its previous return value.  I think it would be worth revisiting that
decision.

How about getResponseContentLength() and getResponseLength()?

-Eric.

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

>>There's also the int/long change for getResponseContentLength() which
>>causes the compile to break on one or the other.  Perhaps we should
>>rethink the decision to just change that return type?
>>

>And are we going to do when the redirect fix is implemented? People should not expect
Slide to compile against CVS HEAD until 2.1 (or 3.0) APIs are frozen.