hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] exception handling revised
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:36:09 GMT
Mike, Eric & all

Mike's suggestion to extend IOException does seem to be the best option that we have right
now. It provides a (relatively) easy migration path for 2.0 users (API compatibility still
does not save them from having to rethink their exception handling framework), while giving
us enough flexibility to get things done (more or less) right.

I would not be me, though, if I had not pointed out that HttpException derived from IOException
still conceptually sucks. Protocol exceptions logically ARE NOT i/o exceptions in my opinion,
no matter how many long drinks you take.

Evil Comrade Oleg