hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Add commons-codec as an HttpClient dependency
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:51:30 GMT
> I guess you are right.  It is mostly a case of semantics.  What exactly
> do we mean by 2.1?  The official description of a minor release does not
> really fit with our plans (which I still agree with).  I do not think a
> 3.0 release is quite appropriate either though.  Is there a middle
> ground?  2.55 perhaps:)

Mike,
My initial idea was we would bend the release guidelines somewhat for 2.1 release. 2.1 would
be in essence '2.0 done more or less right'. We would have to do some selective and limited
API changes but would retain the overall conceptual compatibility. Nothing truly radical and
ground breaking. Since we can't seem to be able to take such approach, then I would simply
call it the end of the story for the 2.x branch.

Oleg