hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: RES: NTLM Error
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:59:29 GMT

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 09:28  AM, Andre Augusto de Oliveira
Aragao wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> By the way, I couldnĀ“t find about JCE anywhere in the httpclient home
> page.
> Analyzing the log I sent before, I found the following:
>
> 2003-07-21 18:41:44,472 [main] DEBUG
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - SunJCE 1.42: SunJCE Provider
> (implements DES, Triple DES, AES, Blowfish, PBE, Diffie-Hellman,
> HMAC-MD5,
> HMAC-SHA1)
>
> Does it means that httpclient detected JCE correctly??

Hmm, it would seem to have detected it correctly.  We're really going
to need the actual error message that coming out of the NTLM class then
and our current exception handling doesn't seem to provide that.  I
don't currently have time to do up a test build which prints the
exception but if you wouldn't mind grabbing the sources from CVS and
trying it yourself, I think you should find the details fairly useful.
Essentially, look through org.apache.commons.httpclient.NTLM and make
sure it prints out the stack trace for every exception it catches.

If not, I can take a better look into this tonight when I get home.

It is possible that export policies are biting you here, and it may be
worth doing up a simple test app that creates the NTLM type 3 message
using the NTLM class or better just tries to encrypt something with DES
to see if it works.  There are test cases in the source code that will
try to generate a type 3 message and they may be quite informative as
well.  I'd actually try running the tests before modifying the
HttpClient code as mentioned above.

> Andre

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.