hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: Commons-HttpClient conflict with WebDAVClient
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:23:06 GMT

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 02:49  PM, Daniel Joshua wrote:

> Thanks. I am still not sure why slide packages httpclient classes in
> its
> jar.

Slide originally created HttpClient and it was branched out from there.
  They weren't too happy about the API changes that were made after the
code was branched out and never got around to updating with HttpClient
until recently.  Hopefully their next release will have an independant
HttpClient jar that is our official 2.0 release.

> Does anyone on this list use WebDAVClient with Common-HttpClient 2.0
> beta 1?

Yes actually, but it's a bit of a nasty hack that was done before slide
was actually updated to HttpClient 2.0 (there were a lot of API changes
between 1.0 and 2.0).

> Regards,
> Daniel

Regards,