hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Johnson" <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Re: Performance Issue
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:07:31 GMT
Ortwin,

So far as I know, since Windows 95 it has been possible to measure and
wait for time intervals of 1ms.  With Windows NT4.0/2000 and later, it
is even possible to do microseconds.  I think the _really_ coarse timers
are a hang-over from Windows 3.1 days, and perhaps some of the really
early hardware supported by Windows 95.  That's just what I recall, though.

-Eric.