hc-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Avoid building against Head of Commons Httpclient
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:54:40 GMT
Ingo,

this will not work. You will need to add a

   <work nested="lib/commons-httpclient.jar"/>

or something similar. Gump only uses the system classpath, so any classpath
additions defined in the Ant file are ignored.

It would be nice if there was a separate project for the 2.0 branch of
Commons-HttpClient, given that the community has decided to follow the path
of revolutionary change. gump@jakarta.apache.org should provide answers to
any questions (philosophical as well as technical ;-) ).

-chris

PS: Why is slide now keeping all those JARs in CVS? It is a practice that
wasn't followed before, only for rare circumstances when e.g. JDOM broke
their API in HEAD (similar to the current situation with HttpClient).
Personally, I consider it bad practice, but I'm no longer actively involved
with Slide, so...