hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: Downloading
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:21:16 GMT
Querent,

let me put numbers in front of your actions (just for easier reference):
 > 1. I have already succeed uploading file using MultipartPostMethod.
 > 2. I have to download the file back for future reference.
 > 3. I have already tried downloading the file both using GetMethod and
PostMethod, but again I get the whole response file (not the content).

So in 1 you upload file A to WHERE? I guess a servlet and then store it
on the server. That's where you must use Commons FileUpload component to
handle the Multipart MIME encoding and extract the uploaded file.

What you see in 2 is --surprise, surprise-- only what you stored on the
server. Check the file on the server to see what I mean.

Any magic involved?

Odi