hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Add commons-codec as an HttpClient dependency
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:06:36 GMT
> My initial idea was we would bend the release guidelines somewhat for
> 2.1 release. 2.1 would be in essence '2.0 done more or less right'.
> We would have to do some selective and limited API changes but would
> retain the overall conceptual compatibility. Nothing truly radical
> and ground breaking. Since we can't seem to be able to take such
> approach, then I would simply call it the end of the story for the
> 2.x branch.

Oleg,

Well said.  The 2.0 release is really not what any of us wanted.  I was
also looking to 2.1 as the first release 'done more or less right'.  I
think we can still accomplish this.  We may just have to ignore the
official guidelines for what constitutes a minor release.

It sounds like you are leaning towards calling this 3.0, is that correct?

Mike