hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: Encoding of special characters in request URI
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:38:54 GMT
Martin Schnyder wrote:
> When I use the GetMethod class to send text with special characters (German
> Umlaute "äöü") in the request parameters, the special characters are not
> encoded correctly. This happens when I use method
> HttpMethodBase.setQueryString(NameValuePair[] params)
> to set the query parameters.

If you use a POST instead of a GET, then the parameters are sent in the
request body for which the Content-Type header applies. Maybe then the
specified encoding should be used? But I am not sure either. I have seen
this problem sometimes when sumitting form data via a web browser to
websites as well. So it seems a really bad lack of definition.