hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Johnson" <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] 2.1 release plan
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:19:58 GMT
Oleg,

I have three comments on your proposal, since nobody else seems to have
given feedback....

1) Some of the headers refer to "2.0", whereas the body of those same
sections refers to "2.1".  I think you meant to change the headers....

2) For the "post 2.1" development section, I found the intent and
content of this section confusing.  Is it supposed to be outlining how
to develop 2.1.X releases, or 2.X releases, or X.X releases, or all of
the above?  In any case, there seems to be insufficient detail.

3) I'd like to seem some mention and perhaps the inclusion of the
development of the 3.0 interface suite, if others are actually agreeing
to what I proposed(?).  If we get the APIs out there, we get feedback on
them sooner, and can deliver 3.0 sooner.  Therefore I'd like to see them
have some official mention in a 2.1 release.

Thanks for pulling this together.

-Eric.

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

>All,
>I have taken the liberty of compiling a draft 2.1 release plan that incorporates various
ideas tossed around recently (special thanks go to Eric Johnson). I feel we ought to clearly
articulate our short- to mid-term development plans before 2.0 goes RC1.