hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: normalizing a URI with ..'s in it ?
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:08:58 GMT
On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 06:18 PM, Mike Moran wrote:
> [Oleg agreed] Right. Out of interest, which set of test cases does the
> URI class use, the ones from rfc2396 or rfc2396bis?

The tests are from rfc2396bis.

> I would agree. Doesn't this mean that normalize() should thrown an
> exception if it *is* called on a non-absolute URI?

I don't know if we want to throw an exception.  It's not really an
error case plus it would not be consistent with current behavior.  It
should definitely be documented and we should consider adding a test
for relative URIs in normalize().  In such a case it would not actually
attempt normalization.  Again I do not think it's an error it is just
that we do not correctly handle the case currently.

Mike