hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: URI class with userinfo ?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:47:43 GMT
My understanding is that HTTP URLs do not include user info and thus
that data should be stripped (or probably an exception should be thrown
if we're being strict about it).  FTP URLs on the other hand do.
Having said that, there's no harm in preserving the user credentials so
that they can be returned by the URI class, but it would be messy to
try and actually use the credentials from the URL in HttpClient for
authentication.

 From RFC 2616:
    http_URL = "http:" "//" host [ ":" port ] [ abs_path [ "?" query ]]

So should we definitely should never use the credentials from the URI
but we could add a method that allows you to get them back out if
required.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.