hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject RE: cvscommit: jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/test/org/apache/commons/httpclientTestAuthenticator.javaTestHttpState.javaTestHttps.java TestMethodsExternalHost.javaTestWebappBasicAuth.java
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:33:05 GMT
Vincent,
I have a feeling that you somehow suspect me of waking up this morning
and thinking: "Geez, I feel like screwing up those HttpClient APIs.
Wouldn't that be fun?". Believe me, I am not THAT bad

Please allow me to copy verbatim the paragraph from the release plan
that I wrote:

Objective:

The objective of the 2.1 release of HttpClient is to build upon the
foundation laid with the previous release while addressing those
architectural shortcomings and flaws identified during 2.0 development
process. Several well known and much complained about problems could not
be resolved without sacrificing API stability. The primary motivation
behind the 2.1 is to fix those design limitations, breaking 2.0 API
compatibility where absolutely unavoidable, while preserving overall
compatibility with 2.0 use patterns.