hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/test/org/apache/commons/httpclient TestAuthenticator.java TestHttpState.java TestHttps.java TestMethodsExternalHost.java TestWebappBasicAuth.java
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:25:32 GMT
Christopher,
It was an unfortunate oversight. The method should have been deprecated
along with all other methods whose functionality is now provided by
CookieSpec classes. I apologise for that.

We will no longer be able to provide API compatibility with 2.0 branch
in CVS HEAD. We have to start fixing things that are broken by design

2.0 is almost done. We foresee only minor documentation changes in the
future. The code will not be touched unless something _really_ bad pops
up.

Please use official 2.0.x builds.

Cheers

Oleg