hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Joshua" <daniel.jos...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: Commons-HttpClient conflict with WebDAVClient
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:49:36 GMT
Thanks. I am still not sure why slide packages httpclient classes in its
jar.

Does anyone on this list use WebDAVClient with Common-HttpClient 2.0 beta 1?

Regards,
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Becke [mailto:becke@u.washington.edu]
Sent: Thursday, 24 July, 2003 12:15 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Commons-HttpClient conflict with WebDAVClient

Hi Daniel,

As you have discovered HttpClient 2.0 and 0.9 are not compatible in the
same VM.  My knowledge of the WebDAVClient (Slide) is fairly limited
but here goes.

There has not been a Slide release for quite a while so the last
release has an extremely outdated version of HttpClient.  From looking
at CVS it seems that the latest code in the Slide repository is using
HttpClient 2.0 beta 1.  My suggestion would be to look into a recent
nightly build but I am not sure how stable they are.  Sending an email
to the Slide user list will probably clear things up.  Also, I know
Eric Johnson has been working on updating HttpClient support in Slide
recently so he may have somthing to say.  Eric?

Mike