hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Joshua" <daniel.jos...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: FW: Commons-HttpClient conflict with WebDAVClient
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 04:30:54 GMT
Just curious is there any co-ordination going on between the
Commons-HttpClient and the Slide developers?

Or are the 2 Jakarta projects developing totally independant of each other?

Regards,
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Sutton [mailto:adrian@intencha.com]
Sent: Thursday, 24 July, 2003 8:33 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: FW: Commons-HttpClient conflict with WebDAVClient

There are a few options here:

a. Check out the slide sources and build against HttpClient beta 2
instead of HEAD (all the compile errors that I can see are due to the
changes on the HEAD branch and won't be in the 2.0 release).

b. Update Slide to compile with HttpClient CVS HEAD - Note that slide
will then no longer compile with older HttpClient versions.  I can do
up a patch if the slide developers want to do it this way.

c. Release HttpClient 2.0 (planned very soon) and Slide x.x (???) then
take option b.

d. Something else?

I'll open a bug report on this in a moment, Daniel I'd suggest you add
yourself to the CC list.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 10:12  PM, Daniel Joshua wrote:

> Can somebody make a release soon in that case... I really need a
> WebDAVClient which can be use with either a Commons-HttpClient beta 1
> or 2?
>

> Regards,
> Daniel

Intencha "tomorrow's technology today"