hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sung-Gu" <jeri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: URI specification
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:52:16 GMT
Long time no see... ;)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Becke" <becke@u.washington.edu>
To: "Commons HttpClient Project" <commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: URI specification

> I definitely agree that it would be best if URI had its own home
> outside of HttpClient.  My impression was that we would try to have it
> removed by 2.1 but I see that it is not deprecated.  Perhaps that is
> due to the luke warm reception it has received from the commons
> community at large.  I agree this might be a good time to drum up some
> support for a separate URI package.  Any takers?
>
> As far as compliance goes we're looking pretty good.  The only test
> cases that do not work with HttpClient URI are "../../../g" and
> "../../../../g".  I will look into these.

For the right above comment, the reminder will be following:

Revision 1.29 / (view) - annotate - [selected] , Thu Jan 30 03:20:04 2003 UTC (4 months, 1
week ago) by jericho
Branch: MAIN
Changes since 1.28: +28 -20 lines
Diff to previous 1.28 (colored)
- Throw an parsing exception, when there is no more higher path level.

Suggested by "Eric Johnson" <eric@tibco.com>

    "Imagine, for example, that your client application follows a link in
    an HTML that generated this URL, and the file "g" actually exists on
    the server.  Everything will appear to be operating correctly, but it
    is not."

Reported by "Armando Anton" <armando.anton@newknow.com>
I think we can suggest them to consider the above point.What If I'm allowed, I'll look into
the draft documents...Sung-Gu> Mike> > On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 03:35 PM, Oleg
Kalnichevski wrote:> > > Folks,> >> > It looks like this directly applies
to us (see below). It also raises a> > question of how we go about URI support in the
future. Since Sung-Gu > > has> > pretty much retired from the project (he's been
a no-show on this list> > for several months already), URI stuff is ripe for a take
over. > > Spinning> > it off into a Commons project of its own would be the best
option. I> > think this may be the right moment.> >> > Ideas, thoughts,
comments?> >> > Oleg> >> > PS: Sung-Gu, if you are still monitoring
this mailing list, please let> > us know> >> >> >> >> >
-----Forwarded Message-----> >> >> From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>>
>> To: community@apache.org> >> Subject: URI specification> >> Date:
09 Jun 2003 12:06:13 -0700> >>> >> I submitted draft 03 of the URI spec
revision on Friday.  It can> >> also be obtained via the issues list at> >>>
>>     http://www.apache.org/~fielding/uri/rev-2002/issues.html> >>> >>
This draft is close to final, with maybe a few editorial changes> >> left before
going to IESG last call.  It would be nice if the Apache> >> software projects were
checked/updated for conformance.  Please let> >> me know if any implementations that
should be listed when I send> >> the IESG documentation on independent implementations.>