hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sung-Gu" <jeri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: 2.0 release - deprecate some methods?
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:05:37 GMT
-1
My vote...  :D

FYI, (it's from URI javadoc messages,  I think they are related to your
topic.)

[snip]
     * The character set used to store files SHALL remain a local decision
and
     * MAY depend on the capability of local operating systems. Prior to the
     * exchange of URIs they SHOULD be converted into a ISO/IEC 10646 format
     * and UTF-8 encoded. This approach, while allowing international
exchange
     * of URIs, will still allow backward compatibility with older systems
     * because the code set positions for ASCII characters are identical to
the
     * one byte sequence in UTF-8.
[snip]
     * Conversion from the local filesystem character set to UTF-8 will
     * normally involve a two step process. First convert the local
character
     * set to the UCS; then convert the UCS to UTF-8.
     * The first step in the process can be performed by maintaining a
mapping
     * table that includes the local character set code and the
corresponding
     * UCS code.
     * The next step is to convert the UCS character code to the UTF-8
encoding.
[snip]
     * To work globally either requires support of a number of character
sets
     * and to be able to convert between them, or the use of a single
preferred
     * character set.
     * For support of global compatibility it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that
     * clients and servers use UTF-8 encoding when exchanging URIs.
[snip]

I've made sample cases and posted it before. (even if it's not a normal
junit testcase though.)
And I'm not willing to make testcase for that. I'm not interested in unicode
values... at all...

To help you guys, you could find the above sentences (it means that's from
RFC) and more specified how-to in a RFC describing FTP protocol, as I
guess... - I don't remember at all... :( ...

Sung-Gu