hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Adrian
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 06:56:38 GMT

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 04:42  PM, Ortwin Gl├╝ck wrote:

> Adrian Sutton wrote:
>> And if anyone ever works out how a company with just 15 employees
>> winds up having this much trouble approving one signature I'd love to
>> hear the explanation... :)
>
> Adrian,
>
> Welcome, man! It's good to have you on board.

Thanks Odi.

> Just a few thoughts about the legal noise:
> The agreement must be signed by you, not your boss. What you commit is
> your responsibility. How this integrates with your company is an issue
> only between you and your company, but not between Apache Group and
> your company. So you can just fax in the form signed by you. But you
> should have a similar agreement with your company that you are allowed
> to contribute certain code under the Apache License.

Yep, the current problem is getting permission for me to sign the form.
  Since I very occasionally work on HttpClient from work (we do use it
in our product) any formal agreements in relation to me and HttpClient
needs to have approval from my employer.  Also, the license agreement
specifically states that I should get clearance from my employer.
Things get even foggier because any work I do relating to my work at
Ephox is owned by Ephox so even working on HttpClient in my own time
involves Ephox.  This may turn out to be the trigger to demand some
changes to my employment conditions but we'll see how it goes.
Generally I don't have any problems with them, just this case is a
little more difficult. :)

> Of course it's a good idea however to make your boss review the Apache
> agreement and sign it. Just gives a better feeling in your stomach,
> doesn't it. Took me about 10 minutes to get the signatures for mine.
> And  my company has around 30 employees. :-)

Maybe I just need a bigger company so I can hide it in the "to be
signed pile" better. :)

> Odi

Adrian.