hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Re: 2.0 release
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:22:41 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From:	Adrian Sutton [mailto:adrian@intencha.com]
Sent:	Thu 6/26/2003 11:10
To:	Commons HttpClient Project
Subject:	[VOTE] Re: 2.0 release
All,
Personally, I believe that this issue has gone on far too long and so I
would like to propose a vote:

I move the motion that the following methods from
org.apache.commons.httpclient.util.URIUtil be depreciated for the 2.0
release and removed in a future release:

toDocumentCharset(String)
toDocumentCharset(String, String)
toProtocolCharset(String)
toProtocolCharset(String, String)
toUsingCharset(String, String, String)

Please cast your votes:

+1 - The methods should be depreciated
0 - Active Abstain (no response being a passive abstain)
-1 - The methods should not be depreciated (veto)  Veto's must contain
an explanation of why the veto is appropriate.

Under Jakarta's voting guidelines
(http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html) product changes (such
as this) are subject to lazy consensus, however in this case I would
like to achieve consensus on the issue and as such the vote will be
considered passed if there are 3 binding +1 votes and no binding vetos
or the proposal will be turned down if there are any -1 votes.

I would encourage non-committers to submit non-binding votes as well,
particularly if you can see a use for the methods in question.

Here's my +1.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.