hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: 2.0 release
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:58:45 GMT
Jandalf,
Beta-1 release surprisingly revealed very few bugs. None of those few was serious. It looks
like we did a pretty good job during late Alpha3 eradicating most serious bugs. I believe
HttpClient can now be considered feature and documentation complete. I agree with Adrian that
what we have now looks more like a release candidate than a beta quality product.

I suggest we release RC1 rather sooner than later.

I have only one outstanding issue on my hands: deprecation of URIUtil.toXXXCharset methods.
I am still waiting for Sung-Gu to produce a test case or test cases for these methods, but
I do not think we should wait forever. 5 months sounds like enough time for writing a test
case

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Sutton [mailto:adrian@intencha.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 07:20
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: 2.0 release

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 03:10  PM, Jandalf wrote:

> I see that beta 1 is out which is fantastic.  Can somone post a update
> on where we stand for a upcoming final release?

My current list of things to do:
* Add testimonials page
* Add clover report
* FilePart with autodetecting mime type.
* Localhost tests for DELETE

None of these are particularly related to the 2.0 release though.

Looking at bugzilla I see:
19102 Include generated website in the distribution
10816 User/Developer Documentation (only the first two items on my list
remain to get this working and it isn't a reason to hold up the release)
19373 Performance optimizations

There is also the untargetted:
17416 Send InputStreams instead of files in MultipartPostMethod

So it's looking like we should be pretty ready to tackle a first
release candidate.

> Jandalf.

Comments?

Adrian Sutton.