hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Questions related to the use of HttpClient classes
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:51:41 GMT
Manuel,

HttpMethod instances and HttpConnection instances do not form any sort of association. HttpMethod
instance always receives HttpConnection as a parameter, acts upon it, and then releases it
(or is supposed to release it) back to the connection manager. HttpMethod instance never keeps
a reference to its respective HttpConnection instance. Therefore pooling of HttpMethods does
not result in a pool of connections. As far as I can tell, HttpMethod pooling does not really
bring much. You may simply want to maintain a pool of HttpClient instances instead.

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Manuel Castro Paliza [mailto:mcp219@tid.es]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 10:35
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: RE: Questions related to the use of HttpClient classes

One question More.
I'm working on a kind of proxy,
I have ( a lot of ) different users connecting to different servers
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager its not an option because each user will
do one request each time, and something like new HttpClient(MySingleton
Instance of MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager ) limits the maximum number
of connections to a host.
I'm using a Pool of Methods but I don't know if this is also a High-Level
pool of Connections.

So finally the cuestion is :
is a Pool of Methods also a  High-Level pool of Connections when not using
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager ?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks for this useful Component!