hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: MultipartPostMethod takes long time to execute
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 07:25:21 GMT
Martin,
I suppose you are running HttpClient 2.0alpha3 which is known to have a few issues with 'expect:
100-continue' handshake. Please upgrade to 2.0beta1. If the problem still persists after the
upgrade, please follow the instructions of the trouble shooting guide:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/troubleshooting.html

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Chan [mailto:martinc@milliontech.com]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 09:02
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: MultipartPostMethod takes long time to execute

Hi,

I use MultipartPostMethod to do upload, but I found that it takes 3-4
seconds to execute even for a very small file (<1KB).
int status = httpClient.executeMethod(filePost);

Does anyone have the same problem? How to improve the speed?

I also found that the HttpClient fragment the post method to many
packets, each with a few adte byte in content. Can we change it?

Thanks,

Martin Chan