hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Post Method
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 04:00:36 GMT
> In theory I agree, but I see a lot of uses of the O'Reilly multipart
> stuff,
> which expects "multipart/form-data" (see:
> http://www.servlets.com/cos/javadoc/com/oreilly/servlet/multipart/
> MultipartParser.html)

Yes, please take a look at MultipartPostMethod.

> I had a specific problem with the and x-www-form-urlencoded last week,
> which
> is why I'm using PostMethod instead of the multipart version.

Were you experiencing a problem with PostMethod and encoding? Do you
have any specifics?

> What I would really like to see is the ability to set an encoding for
> a POST
> method, and have the data be correctly encoded when the method is
> executed.
> At very least, it would be nice to be able to set the encoding and
> enforce
> the encoding myself when adding the name/values.

This is possible now.  You can set the content type with
post.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "whatever").  Then the content
can be set with post.setRequestBody(InputStream) or
post.setRequestBody(String).

Mike