hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Redirecting to different protocol, host or port
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:38:24 GMT
The problem is that retries/redirects are handled inside of
HttpMethodBase.  This is an issue because the method is given the
HttpConnection and does not have access to a HttpConnectionManager.  So,
in the event of a redirect to a different host/port/protocol the method
does not have a connection (and cannot create one) to process the
request with.

The current plan is to move the retry/redirect logic to HttpClient, most
likely for 2.1.

Mike