hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Johnson" <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: 2.0 release
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:29:10 GMT
Adrian,

+1

OK, my vote is non-binding, but with no test cases, and no code in
HttpClient that uses the functions, we SHOULD deprecate them.

Even if we decide later, as Sung-Gu suggested, that we might need to
ressurrect them, we should still deprecate them!  Deprecating them is a
flag for the users of the library that the functions may not behave as
expected, which is almost certainly true based on the lack of test
cases, confusion on this list, confusing documentation, and absence of
any uses within HttpClient.

-Eric.