hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: URI specification
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:53:55 GMT
Mike,
I think you should give it another shot and file a proposal for URI
classes to be moved into Commons sandbox project of its own. I do not
think of deprecation of URI classes as a big issue. We may continue
supporting our own copy of URI classes while commons-uri is the sandbox.
I really think URL classes would clearly benefit from a greater
visibility and a few more people looking at it on a regular basis.

As a last resort we can think of bringing our case to the entire Jakarta
community where we may stand a better chance of getting enough
interested people to justify the promotion of URI classes into a
separate project

Oleg