hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Amit Rana" <r...@solis.jp>
Subject RE: automatic management of cookie
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 03:12:17 GMT
Hello Michael,

 Thank you for the reply.

> What exactly is the problem you are having?  Is HttpClient throwing
> exceptions when it tries to parse the cookies from this server?
I am sorry for not writing clearly before.

I am trying to access a site which gives me a fixed response "Server is
busy please try later". This seems to be a canned response which I get
from my browser only when I disable cookies. Otherwise I have never
received this response on a browser.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong
1. Either the server has some check and sends a canned response for
anybody trying to access using a program, I think this should not be the
case because only way they can find the client is by User-agent which
can be set or
2. My browser gives same response code when cookies are disabled so I
want to make sure it is not a cookie problem.

I am trying to perform a Japanese trademark search on this site
http://www2.ipdl.jpo.go.jp/beginner_tm/TM_AREA.cgi (NOTE: if you want to
try it, text box expects only double byte input)

PFA the log. I highly appreciate your help.

Regards,
Amit.