hc-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: Maven build
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 14:15:41 GMT
We have permission from Sun recently to scrape the approval screens as
part of a distribution for Maven, so hopefully in the next release it will
be a simple yes on the user's behalf to download these Sun licensed jars.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Ryan Hoegg <rhoegg@isisnetworks.net> wrote on 03/05/2003 11:23:03 PM:

> I have the same issue in XML-RPC.  We chose option 1, and required a
> separate download. After talking informally with some maven folks, I
> think this is the usual approach.  One must click through certain
> agreements with Sun to get JSSE, and it's not kosher to circumvent
> that.  Thay have the same issues with Javamail, and that is how it was
> handled with commons-email, so there is some precedent for this in
Commons.