hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Some Good News
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 06:38:50 GMT
Hi all,
I've just finished porting our application over to using the latest
HttpClient.  We had previously been using a build from back in the
HttpMultiClient days and it actually went very smoothly.  The speed
improvement is quite noticable though I'm not entirely sure what speed
improvements have gone in and most importantly the changes to the API
weren't that difficult to accomodate.  I have one patch that I've
finally merged forward to the latest version which provides a callback
interface for adjusting HostConfigurations which makes supporting proxy
configuration scripts possible.  I'll clean that up and attach it to a
bug report ready for 2.1.

Anyway, to all involved congratulations on such a wonderful effort in
both improving the reliability and feature set of HttpClient as well as
maintaining a reasonable amount of backwards compatibility!

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.