hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: Java can leak...
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 23:16:01 GMT
I think the reality here is that the only way to reliably track down
the problem is to actually profile the original application that is
seeing the problem.  There's really not a lot of point in me profiling
HttpClient separately because I've not seen any problem with memory
leaks so they're not likely to suddenly turn up in profiling.  The
particular way HttpClient is being used is likely what's bringing out
the leak whether the leak is caused by HttpClient code or not.

Jan, if you could do some profiling work on your application to
identify at least (a) that it is that particular app and not something
else on the machine (pretty easy) (b) what types of objects are hanging
around and (c) what's still got a reference on them, that would really
help track down the problem.  The profiling that we've done on our app
doesn't show any indication of a problem with HttpClient but the way we
use HttpClient is extremely different.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.