hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Example of using HttpClient to measure performance
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 15:11:20 GMT
Michael,

You might have to hack on the HttpClient source in order to insert additional measurement
points in the HttpMethodBase class, should you want to have a finer degree of control over
your measurement.

We may consider adding event callbacks to HttpClient in the future. For the time being, however,
you are pretty much on your own

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilcox, Mark [mailto:Mark.Wilcox@webct.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 16:23
To: Commons HttpClient Project; Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: RE: Example of using HttpClient to measure performance

I didn't see a reply so here's my thoughts.
The simplest approach would be to do something like:

long start = System.currentTimeMillis()
..retreive stuff
long end = System.currentTimeMillis()

time is end - start

However, if you're trying to judge scalability you probably should be looking at something
like JMeter (another Apache project) or Grinder (another open-source testing package).

Mark