hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: It's not all about hacking (unfortunately)
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 21:55:30 GMT
>> - Update release_notes.txt (missing 2.0a3 changelog entries)
>> Sadly enough, we have been quite sloppy about keeping this file up to
>> date. Ideally this file should get updated along the way, as patches
>> get committed to the CVS. Now we are facing a rather unpleasant task
>> of having to reconstruct the change log for the 2.0a3 and 2.0b1
>> releases. But that needs to be done.
>
> Ouch.  This will not be a fun task.  We should be able to get a lot of
> this from bugzilla.

Depending on what Oleg started working on, I could look at this and
free him up to do the SSL guide or I can prepare a draft of the SSL
guide for him to add to.  The updating of the readme is my job at work
so I'm well versed in extracting information from bugzilla and commit
logs for it. :)

>> - SSL guide
>> SSL guide is needed really badly. There are a few cases where
>> HttpClient simply does not work with SSL as expected under specific
>> circumstances. All these nuances need to be documented, possible
>> workarounds suggested, a roadmap towards a permanent solution clearly
>> defined. (This one is probably my duty)
>
> Agreed.  We also need to finish the multi-threading docs.

I've done some minor editing on those and will add the patch to
bugzilla in a moment, they should be right to go now.

> Agreed. Beta-2 should by mostly documentation/cleanup with a few bug
> fixes.  2-3 weeks perhaps?

Definitely, we need to rapidly progress now.

> Mike

Adrian.