hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Https, ProxyAuthentication and HttpClient
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 14:49:04 GMT
Dushan,

There are not any existing examples that combine everything you're
looking for but you should be able to piece it together from the following:

1) Take a look at the authentication documentation,
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html.  This
covers authentication including with proxies.
2) There is no documenation currently with HTTPS specifics, but it
mostly just requires JSSE (or something similar with a little more
work).  If you are running on a pre 1.4 JRE you need to add JSSE to your
classpath and register the JSSE provider.
3) If you are referring to session cookies these are handled by
HttpClient and stored in the HttpClient's state. Take a look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpClient.html#getState()

Also on a general note, be sure that you are using the Beta 1 code.  The
official distribution has not been added to the web site yet, but the
current CVS code as well as the latest nightly build are equivalent to
Beta 1.

Mike