hc-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Beta-1 release
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 20:51:55 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Once we feel that the code is stable enough, 2.0 will be branched out,
> the API may be unfrozen again, and the work towards HttpClient 2.1 will
> commence.

It's about time. Non-binding +1000 :-)

We're using HttpClient from Cactus, and I'm not aware of any problems...
Really, HttpClient has improved vastly in the last year (is it already
over a year!? man...), and all the contributors have done an awesome job
IMHO.

However, I always get slightly afraid when Oleg talks about 2.1 ;-).
I sure hope you folks won't turn around the API without giving us
clients enough chance to keep up. So even if HttpMethod is split up into
HttpRequest and HttpResponse - or whatever - please provide a solid
migration path and be a good continuous integration citizen.

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de