hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: is there still a need for a custom SSLFactory
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 16:06:08 GMT
I think this already exists in contrib.  Take a look at the following:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/

This creates an HttpClient SecureProtocolSocketFactory that will accept
any SSL cert.

Mike

Wilcox, Mark wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there still a need for a custom SSLFactory implementation to use a keystore to retrieve
certificates? I've written one that trusts all certificate authorities (not a great practice,
but I'm more focused on SSL for the encryption and less worried about trusting the server)
that I'd be willing to share if anyone thinks that would be useful.