hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Java can leak...
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 00:10:48 GMT
My impression of your first email was that the server had used up the
4GB of memory.  Are you saying it was HttpClient?  If so, you must have
run the JVM and specified the max heap size to something like -Xmx4GB.
If that's the case then this is probably something you don't want to
do.  Once Java gets over the minimum heap size, specified by -Xms, it
will continue to expand all the way up to the max, even if it doesn't
need to.  Once the JVM allocates memory to the heap it never releases
it.  Is this what's happening?

Mike