hc-dev mailing list archives

From ha...@psicode.com (Sebastian Hauer)
Subject StrictSSLProtocolSocketFactory
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 12:24:44 GMT

Hi httpclient developers,

I am new to this list and started using http client a few days ago
and I wanted to let you know that I am very pleased with it and its
simple yet flexible API, good job guys.

I would like to contribute some code I have written and I would
appreciate your comments on it.  You will find it in the attachment to
this mail.  It is a more stricter version of
SSLProtocolSocketFactory which will do host name verification after
it obtained an SSLSocket.  This mimics the behavior of Suns
HttpsConnection and should help to prevent man-in-the-middle
attacks.
I hope you will find this code useful and it will find its way into
your code base.

Regards,
Sebastian