hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Wilcox, Mark" <Mark.Wil...@webct.com>
Subject RE: Book on HTTP
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 18:38:07 GMT
I haven't read it, but it might be useful for people playing with HTTPClient under the covers.
I think for most uses, people don't want to think about it. They just want to call the API.

Something slimmer and cheaper like O'Reilly's HTTP Pocket Reference does help when using HTTPClient,
in particular with those pesky unknown error numbers (beyond the usual 404, etc)

mark

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Ortwin Glück [mailto:ortwin.glueck@nose.ch]
	Sent: Tue 5/20/2003 2:32 PM
	To: Commons HttpClient Project
	Subject: Book on HTTP

	There is a review on /. about a HTTP book.

	http://books.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/05/19/1728228&mode=thread&tid=126&tid=95&tid=156

	Sounds interesting. Maybe this book has some answers to questions that
	arise here sometimes. Anybody to buy this?

	Odi
	  NOSE applied intelligence ag
	                                    [www]      http://www.nose.ch
	  ortwin glück                      [email] ortwin.glueck@nose.ch
	  hardturmstrasse 171               [pgp key]          0x81CF3416
	  8005 zurich                       [office]      +41-1-277 57 35