hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <o.kalnichev...@dplanet.ch>
Subject Beta-1 release
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 21:20:14 GMT
I feel that we can't continue stretching the existing API to its very
limits. Time has come to make a cut. HttpClient in its present form has
reached the degree of imperfection I am personally prepared to live
with. I propose that we declare HttpClient 2.0 API freeze and release
the existing CVS HEAD as beta-1.

Please cast your votes on this proposal. Only the votes of committers
are considered binding. Nevertheless, everyone is whole-heartedly
welcome to express their opinion.

If the first beta release is approved, all the efforts will be directed
at stabilizing the existing code base & improving documentation. Only
corrective patches that retain FULL API compatibility may be accepted.

Once we feel that the code is stable enough, 2.0 will be branched out,
the API may be unfrozen again, and the work towards HttpClient 2.1 will
commence.

Oleg