hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sunil Kumar K" <sunil.ko...@majoris.com>
Subject Re: Redirect Issue
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 08:56:03 GMT
Thanks Oleg.

Without using cookies I'm getting the redirected page now. but only from
stand alone example. I'm trying this from a servlet now.
I access a servelet 1, in which I'm sending HTTP POST message to another URL1
which is redirecting to URL2. I this case I'm not getting that
redirected URL2 in browser..

Meanwhile I'll look into the URLs provided by you.

Thanks alot

cheers!
Sunil

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichevski@bearingpoint.com>
To: "Commons HttpClient Project" <commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>;
"Sunil Kumar Kolar" <sunil.kolar@majoris.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 12:52 PM
Subject: RE: Redirect Issue

Sunil,

'Set-Cookie: DOMS=; PATH=' cookie is rejected as it violates the RFC2109
specification.

Here's what you should do to work the problem around:

1) Upgrade to the latest nightly build (commons-httpclient-20030527.tar.gz)

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-httpclient/

2) Use compatibility cookie policy. See examples below

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/examples/CookieDemo
App.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

That should help

Cheers

Oleg